Giannis Makris as a kid wanted to be an astronaut, he would be Cabernet Sauvignon or Chardonnay because they adapt easily and he loves the opportunity to meet different people through his job. He loves also Giannis Antetokounmpo, because his name is Giannis!
1. What do you love and what do you “hate” in your profession?
I love the opportunity that my job gives me to meet different people and travel, as well as the surprise that each vintage has in store for us. Is hate and love the same emotion?
2. Who is your favorite athlete and why?
Antetokoumpo. 1. the first name is Giannis, 2. I am setting high standards!
3. Dirty (Street food) or high gastronomy?
Both if are well made, with an ontersting wine pairing!
4. If you were a variety, which would you be and why?
Cabernet Sauvignon or Chardonnay, because they adapt to very different terroirs, efficiently, with distinct character!
5. What scares you?
6. Jazz or the clarinet?
7. What did you want to be (as a kid) when you were little?
8. Which personality would you like to go clubbing with?
Dee Dee Bridgewater, great and unique voice, she told me she is wine lover too.
9. Two-seater or SUV?
10. Mom’s or dad’s?
11. Would you rather be able to fly or be invisible?
12. Sun or rain;
If we take in consideration where we live, rather rain.
13. Sweet or (savory)salty?
Salty – savory, more options to choose a wine.
14. Favorite cartoon?
15. What is your favorite time of day?
Towards the afternoon, relax and have some wine.
16. Favorite app?
17. Best advice you’ve been given?
Stop the bullshit!
18. Who is your celebrity crush?
I don’t know, I didn’t understand, Uma Thurman means something to you?
19. Your favorite song?
Donna Lee by Charlie Parker!
20. When others talk about you, what would you like them to say?
Good things happening, I can’t hear what they’re saying!
21. What do you think is the meaning of life?
There is not such a thin!